I’ve decided to start a new kind of list. I would say these will be Top Ten lists but some may be more or less. And they will be all about my favorites or least favorites depending on my mood. Today’s list is all about my guilty pleasure movies. These are movies I will watch over and over and over but will, more than likely, not watch with anyone else due to the embarrassment factor. So, basically, this entire list is hypocritical. Don’t judge. You know you have the exact same kind of list of something in your life.
1) Dirty Dancing – I know this one is on many guilty pleasure lists. How do I know this? It was mentioned in a radio contest as the number one movie people love to watch but are embarrassed to admit that they do. The acting is horrible but the entire movie is a train wreck. You just can’t look away.
2) Xanadu – I made my little cousin (we’ll call her Aspirin) watch this and there was a lot of major eye-rolling throughout. I don’t think we finished watching it. I just don’t think she knows good theater when she sees it.
3) The Last Dragon – I have no explanation. See the “train wreck” comment above.
4) G.I. Jane – I.Love.This.Movie. It’s got Demi Moore doing a really bad job of looking angry and acting tough. But she breaks a guy’s nose! And we all know at least one guy who needs that. I watch this when I'm really angry with some guy. I haven't actually watched it in a long time. I thought though that I was going to wear out the DVD after my ex-husband and I split. I'm just sayin'.
5) Clueless – So so so so bad but I’m addicted.
6) 16 Candles – This is another that I know other people like. One of my bosses breaks out in random 16 Candles quotes. It’s hilarious! Would never have expected that from someone like him.
7)– 12) Rocky thru Rocky Balboa – The first couple weren’t so bad but they slowly get worse and worse. Why didn’t I stop watching? I just don’t know. If I had to pick a favorite it would be Rocky IV. I was in love with Ivan Drago. Hey! I still wanted Rocky to win.
13) Rocky Horror Picture Show – Okay, I will watch this with other people only because it’s such a cult classic and you definitely need other people singing along.
I’m sure this list could go on and on but I need to get started on the work I’ve been avoiding for a few hours. Feel free to comment on your guilty pleasure movies. I know I’m not alone in this. Admit it.