I have completely slacked on my blog this month. I did see 5 movies at the theater and only blogged on one. Shame shame. I'll give really REALLY brief comments in my list.
1) Rise of the Planet of the Apes
3) The Help - if you haven't seen this, you should. Very, very, very good movie. Some cussing with GD and $#!+ leading the way. I noticed it more because P.T. was sitting right next to me. Went with mom, Armat and P.T. We all laughed. We all cried. Mom clapped. I love going to the movies with her. That was NOT sarcasm.
4) Fright Night - this was SO 80s. This may sound a tad irresponsible considering the cussing and violence but I would totally recommend this for teenage slumber parties. If you grew up in the 80s you know what I'm talking about. This ranks right up (down???) there with the Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th films. Violent cheese.
5) Conan: The Barbarian - Good effects. Very sexist. Men will LOVE this movie. Especially the ending. Much nudity. Much violence. Not a movie for kids.
6) One Day - Anne Hathaway stayed clothed...for the most part. She does go skinny dipping but you can't see anything. This movie was painful to watch. It was a combination of When Harry Met Sally and (a little bit of) City of Angels. Was very angry at the end. If you haven't seen this...don't.
7) The Last of the Mohicans
8) The American President
9) The Last Airbender - I didn't see this in the theater but I'm going to comment anyway. I think I'm one of the few people who liked this. A little bit anyway. The acting wasn't great and I have a feeling that a lot of the people who didn't like it have actually watched the cartoon...er, pardon me...anime' and it didn't measure up. What really stinks is that they set it up to have sequels. Apparently the producers thought it was going to do way better than it did. Bummer.
11) New Moon
13) The Lake House
15) Wyatt Earp
16) Moulin Rouge
18) Sweet Home Alabama